Sunday, March 13, 2011

1/144 HG Nataku Part 3 - Final

The final model a month from 2010; the posts are completed.

As mentioned in the posting from the Deathscythe, I used a new hand-brushing method for the Beam Trident.  I'll explain that in a later post, essentially, just layering like with an airbrush, but doing it while everything is wet so the hand brush can blend it easier.

Previous posts:

Brief intro
Part 1
Part 2

And the pictures:

Photobucket

All the accessories, keeping in mind, I have two sets of the arm extensions here.

Photobucket

I like the color scheme of this Altron MUCH better than the TV version.

Photobucket

Front

Photobucket

Rear

Photobucket

Left Side

Photobucket

Right Side

Photobucket

It is very difficult to find good action poses for the dual beam trident, the dragons get in the way.

Photobucket

I will be investing in a number of Action Bases 2 very soon for better poses.

Photobucket

THRUST!

Photobucket

Fangs deployed

Photobucket

One arm extended

Photobucket

This is for getting those hard to read spots on your beck that itch oh so badly.

Photobucket

Dual extension.

Photobucket

Photobucket

One arm using both sets of extensions.  This was the best/most stable pose I came up with, sure I could have done better, had I been awake.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A closer shot of the beam affect

Photobucket

Some closer shots of details and things

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The backpack

Photobucket

I asked if you were doing the RIGHT THING!?

Photobucket


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

One pic with the flash on, for contrast.

I really liked the advancements Bandai made between the Wing 1/144 kits and the EW 1/144 kits.  Over all this kit has decent articulation,  I just wish there was a better way for Nataku to hold the beam trident. Surely, the Master Grade release will help with that issue.

I have a major project on my hands for the next posting.

Until Next Time:  Happy Building.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very tempted to get these kits now that I'm doing 1/144 HG's again. Now that I've seen how well yours turned out, I'm confident I can make them look better than I had in the past! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete