Monday, June 13, 2011

1/100 MG Deathscythe Hell EW Two Joes Build - FINAL! (Finally)

When Angels and Demons are Both Bringers of Death...

Photobucket

The Deathscythe Hell Ver EW was a great build and it was nice to have a local friend, not just internet friends, to build this with.  The other Joe still hasn't gotten his urban camo painting done, but I'll get his pictures and post them when he has.  Here are the WIPs:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

I had a different light set up for the last big photo shoot and honestly, I didn't like the way some of these turned out, so I ended up using the flash on my camera on quite a few of them.  Anyway, here are a ton of pics:


Photobucket

Those wings spread out nice and wide!

Photobucket

I painted the vents with a Gundam Marker.

Photobucket

I wish the knee armor came up and covered the knee joint.  That's really a minor complaint.

Photobucket

First time using a topcoat on an unpainted kit...  I don't think I laid it on quite thick enough.

Photobucket

Blurry Pic!

Photobucket



Photobucket

Flash shows the true colors.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

I like this pose!

Photobucket



Photobucket

Swoosh!

Photobucket



Photobucket

Angels and Demons... Dan Brown, eat your heart out!

Until Next Time:  Happy Building!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job! This is probably one of the few kits that demands a topcoat to matte the colors.

    FYI, I wouldn't leave Wing Zero that way for too long. The stand broke on my first one because of the lack of front support on the stand arm. Snapped the base right in half...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! I will keep that in mind. He's in a much more front heavy pose on my shelf now, a sort of "Final Shot" from the OVA, I will have to make some changes to the base then. thanks for the warning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally gave my Wing Zero it's own Action Base, as they're MUCH more stable. Mine is also in the "Last Shooting" (thus, my project) pose, and even with missing arm and other plates, the weight was still too much for its poor stand...

    ReplyDelete