Wednesday, March 9, 2011

1/144 HG Nataku Part 2

Old Piece of Junk, You Turned Out to be Treasure!

I have built all of the HG 1/144 EW kits in the past.  My Nataku is now lost somewhere, either buried and in pieces in my parent's garage or (most likely) in a trash heap somewhere.  But for one reason or another, I saved this:

Photobucket

The extensions for the Dragon Fang!

Photobucket

Here's the sad sad truth...

Photobucket

When I first started building Gunpla...

Photobucket

I used to... oh I can't bare to say it!

I used to... to...  I used to just break the parts off the runners!  No clipping with nippers, no trimming with a blade; NO, just twist and pull until the parts came off the runners!  Never mind the jagged nubs!  I just wanted to build the kit so I would have a cool action figure to play with.  Sad, sad past.

Anywho!

Photobucket

Bag one contains the feet, Dragon Fang fangs, extensions, chest piece, crotch and the V-fin.  Oh and those foil stickers.

Photobucket

Bag two has all the green parts for the head, chest, hips, arms, and Dragon Fang.

Photobucket

Flip the bag over and we have all of the white pieces and the poly caps.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

GAH!  FLASH!  I hope there isn't any of this on the kit, Bandai!

Photobucket

Oh Bandai... what ever will we do with you and your hands molded to weapons all in the wrong color...

Photobucket

Mmmm, multi-colored goodness...  *Drroooolll*

Photobucket

This poly-cap set I am very familiar with after seeing it about a dozen times or so having built each of the 1/144 EW kits at least twice (Sandrock and Heavy Arms 3 times for sure).  Those hands disgust me, but my little brother and I had so many of them that we started chopping up the open hand and modifying the fists to be flipping the bird...  I don't think I have any of those left though.  Has it been 10 years already?

Photobucket

*Looks at foil stickers* ...  *toss*

Photobucket

Guh!?  Holy Plasti-Cap Batman!  They're imposters!

No worries Robin!  To the Batcave!

Photobucket


Kids, this isn't half of the poly-cap hoard I have!  I'm working on dividing them up by individual types.  These are the un-sorted.

Photobucket

Bingo...

Photobucket

Another job well done, thanks to HOARDING!

Just so you all know now... those poly-caps, the real ones, don't fit where the plastic ones go.  They are for the side skirt armors and they are way too loose.  No amount of glue or plasti-tak would hold them either.  Oh well.

Until Next Time:  Happy Building!

No comments:

Post a Comment