Monday, April 30, 2012

1/144 GM - Gundam Forums GM Group Build! Part - 3

Paint

I have only ever done a custom paint scheme one time before. That was my Zulu-Goog.  I've done complete re-paints, like painting a HGUC RX-78-2 Gundam in Real-Type colors or Char's colors, sure, but I've never really done my own thing...  Let's see what I can come up with.


Photobucket
All the parts sanded and prepped for hand painting.


Photobucket
I promise it's still green, the lighting in this shot and the next is wierd.


Photobucket
The accessories.
I had to really think of what colors I wanted.  I like red, but the GM is already red...  I like greens, but that's Zeon colors and I didn't want to make a Zeon captured GM, I wanted something originalish.  Blues, I like blues, but a darker blue, not Gundam blue.  Okay, what else?  Well, some black would be good, but not overly so, just a couple places...  Alright and a third color to round things out...  Let's just keep it simple: Gray.  Now let's break out some paint and get started!



Photobucket
This is what I had so far...


Photobucket
Idk... it's okay... I'll keep going with it and see how it looks, I guess


Photobucket
The shield after just one thin coat of the dark blue...  Needs more layers, obviously.


Well, I don't know if I like it at this point.  But never fear, I worked it out.

Until Next Time:  Happy Building!

No comments:

Post a Comment