Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cemented in history

Wing Gundam, the first Gundam seen by most American fans is Cemented in history as such... and now I am cementing that very Gundam... together :-P

Moving right along from where we left off last time. I've snipped and trimmed all the parts for the 1/144 Wing Gundam and they are separated into boxes:


Legs


Arms


Body and weapons.

I had to mark the parts for the wings, I'm sure the actual wing parts are identical and wouldn't matter if they were mixed up and the blue sections are (which are different from side to side) would be easy enough to distinguish, but I'm gonna be stubborn about it anyway :-P


Okay, so I have cemented all of the parts that will have visual seams on the body. And...


Because I'll be needing to sand (and sand and sand and sand) later, I thought it would be MUCH easier to keep the torso and chest apart for now, so...


I have snipped the pegs and will cement the parts together when it's time to complete the build.


With a little sanding left to do where the pegs were, the parts should just slide together.


Both legs are cemented together, the separation at the knee due to the transformation gimmick is VERY useful for this purpose, the other 1/144 Wing kits don't have this until you get to the HG Endless Waltz kits.


The arms, too are cemented together


And hopefully the shoulder armor never becomes so loose that it won't stay up in MS mode because I won't be able to take it apart to tighten it up :-P


Of course the Rifle is cemented and I just hope I have the patients to get rid of that UGLY seam line!


And Heero is cemented to the base he will be standing on for the rest of his life :-P after painting 1/100 Heero for my Ver Ka Wing and Zero MG kits a few years ago, this one should be easy ^_^.

Next up is sanding and sanding and sanding and sanding and sanding and sanding and sanding and sanding and sanding and sanding and sanding and sanding.... AND SANDING! LOL

But it's all worth it, you'll see.

Until next time: Happy Building!

No comments:

Post a Comment